Sunday, October 13, 2013

Daria MonDesire- Stripped of more than my clothes

I do not agree with Daria MonDesire on everything she stated in the article. I understand that when she got raped, it stripped her dignity. She then claimed that being strip-searched was wrong but it is not. The U.S Customs agents were just doing their job. It is their job to search people who look like a threat or just pick random people to search. The fact that she is black has nothing to do with it. She stated that minorities bear the brunt of the examinations can't be true because she also said that the Customs officials noted that three times as many whites as blacks were strip-searched. In my opinion this tells me that she assumes that it's a race thing.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! MonDesire seems as if she is a narrow minded person. Race has nothing to do with the searching that goes on from the customs agents! They are just doing their job and trying to keep the country safe! Good job on your response Shyquinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%. The U.S. customs where simply doing their job. Race has no part in the reason they searched her. I do sympathize for her since she did get raped, however I believe she took everything a little too personal. I think your response was very accurate and well written!

    ReplyDelete