Friday, October 11, 2013

The Importance of U.S. Customs Service in Society


     The U.S. Customs Service is very important in today's society considering they protect citizens from terrorists, illegal immigration, and illegal drugs. According to Daria Mondesire, the U.S. Customs forces people to disrobe and become subjected to a cavity search, stripping them of their dignity. I, myself, find Daria impulsive, and I believe Daria over reacted about being "stripped of her dignity". The U.S. Customs was simply just doing their job. I believe that if U.S. Customs was lenient on who they let walk by, then there would be a lot more illegal actions occurring in the United States. I do not believe that Daria's statistics were completely accurate either, considering I find her opinion and facts to be biased compared to the broad spectrum of races being searched. The U.S. Customs Service is a highly beneficial organization in our government, despite what other people seem to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment