Saturday, October 5, 2013

PUFF PUFF PASS


            Imagine being middle aged and on an oxygen tank for the rest of your life. This is just one major consequence smoking can cause. As a smoker myself, I have experienced firsthand, the harmful effects cigarettes have caused over the years. For example, as someone who was active in sports through out high school, years after, I am now finding it difficult to perform at the level I once did before I started smoking. Through out the years I have tried many methods to help quit smoking. I have found E-Cigarettes to be the most healthy alternative, cost efficient, and environmentally friendly method to quit the bad habit.
            E-Cigarettes are a healthy alternative because they do not contain any chemicals other then nicotine, distilled water, natural flavors, and citric acid. Point blank, e-cigarettes have the same ingredients as most common food items. For example, citric acid is found in oranges and we all have drank distilled bottle water. In contrary, over four thousand chemicals are produced in cigarette smoke, and about sixty-nine of those are cancer causing. Healthy lung cells are said to become cancerous due to the chemical hydrogen peroxide, a deadly chemical found in cigarettes. Other major diseases connected with cigarette smoking include high blood pressure and heart disease. It’s safe to say, cigarettes come with high cost.
            Speaking of cost, I find E-Cigarettes to be very cost efficient. I used to spend about six bucks a day on a pack of cigarettes. Annually, that’s an estimate of twenty-two hundred dollars spent on tobacco. However, E-Cigarettes are designed to be an affordable alternative. The BLU- brand E-Cigarettes are a great example due to the fact that they have a rechargeable model. Basically, the unit is broken down into two halves. The first half is the rechargeable battery, the second half consists of what is called a “cartomizer”, which is a little capsule filled with the nicotine and distilled water. Each capsule is about two hundred and fifty puffs or equivalent to a single pack of cigarettes. A box of cartomizers comes with five units and cost roughly twelve dollars. In simpler terms, you’re paying for two packs of cigarettes and receiving three for free. Thus concluding that E-Cigarettes are indeed cheaper then traditional tobacco cigarettes.
            In addition to being cost efficient, E-Cigarettes are also environmentally friendly.  Just by personal observation, I could feel the plastic and metal components of the device, which are both recyclable materials. Moreover E-Cigarettes do not produce harmful second-hand smoke, as traditional tobacco cigarettes are known to do. Recall, there where over 4000 chemicals in regular cigarettes and only water vapor and nicotine in E-Cigarettes. Thus meaning E-Cigarettes may be allowed to be smoked anywhere because their’ only by product is water vapor.
            Even though I highly recommend E-Cigarettes as a better alternative to traditional tobacco smoking, some people still disagree. The fact is, electric cigarettes are new to the market and not enough research has been done to fully satisfy the idea of being a healthier alternative. Mainly because the idea that E-Cigarettes are targeting adolescents to become addicted to the product. By all means I would agree to regulate the sale of these products to minors. However, after one week of using E-Cigs my self, I’ve been able to say, “No I would not like a cigarette, I’ll PASS!”

13 comments:

  1. I know this has nothing to do with your report but how do you turn your report in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title is the point of intrest that grabbed my attention. Good blog report, stick with the E cig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of this blog grabbed my full attention. I don't believe in smoking, but I think that the E cigarette would be a lot more financially beneficial. Do you believe that the E cigarette will eventually become a global icon for smokers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title drew me into your blog. I absolutely love your topic, E-Cigs have become a huge thing. I don't personally smoke, but I love the smell of the new E-Cigs. I find it smells so much better, especially when you are trapped in the car with someone. I didn't know it had natural ingredients, such as citric acid, so that was something new to learn about. I also liked how you talked about it being cheaper at a 5-2 ratio with buying cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The subject of the blog grabbed my attention. Although I myself do not smoke, I have experienced others go through the side effects of smoking. I agree with you how the E- cig is the best alternative for smoking tobacco.Great blog, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The name of the title immediately grabbed my attention because I am a smoker. I find the facts about this blog to be true. However, E-cigs also contain nicotine as well as normal cigarettes. The details in this blog somewhat made me want to try the electronic cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyable blog with great information.

      Delete
    2. I think you should try the e-cigarettes. Even though they have nicotene, they do not have all the other ingredients that are addicting and bad for you.. And they do not make you stink :).

      Delete
  7. The title is very eye catching, it drew me to this blog immediately. E-Cigarettes are very popular at this time, for a lot of my friends use them. I personally did not know much about E-Cigarettes, so I found this blog to be very useful and informative. I agree that E-Cigarettes are cost efficient, and it would be a better alternative than the regular cigarettes. I hope that the E-Cigarettes will become a global icon for smokers. My question is if E-Cigarettes do become a global icon, will the price become high enough to make people go back to regular cigarettes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What drew me to this blog was the title. The title is very interesting and I wanted to know what you was talking about. This article is fill with useful information to the people who is trying to find an alternative to smoking cigarettes. I notice that a lot of people smoke E-Cigarettes but my question is will you give up smoking E-Cigarettes? It seems healthy but is it really healthy for you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The title is what caught my attention, I think that you need to stop smoking. The electronic cigs still contain nicotine. What's the point to smoke those e cigs if they still have nicotine. Quit cold turkey!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The title caught my eye. Very informing, however my only concern is the unknown or undocumented effects of e cigs since they havent been around a long time.

    ReplyDelete